Deliveries Coordinator - London
Pay range: Starting from £21,525
Duration: Permanent (upon successful completion of probation)
Location: London based, but frequent travel to sites and offices across the UK will be required
Full time 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Job Ref: DC0919L
MOLA is an archaeological contractor which has an office based in London and we work on construction sites predominantly in London, but also at other locations across the UK. These sites require tools and equipment to be delivered and archaeological material (finds, samples and human remains) to be transported back to the office for processing.
This role will involve driving the van to sites for deliveries and collections and being responsible for its schedule. It will also involve managing stock levels and working with other staff to order more. The role requires liaison with staff at all levels within the organisation, and a good level of time management with the ability to prioritise tasks well.
Ideally, we would like someone to start on Monday 30th October 2019 to allow for a handover period, but we are willing to negotiate start dates for the right applicant.
The following criteria are essential:
• Interest in and knowledge of archaeology
• Full UK driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles
• Experience of working in teams to achieve timely results
• Use of Microsoft IT packages, particularly Outlook and Excel
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate with staff at all levels within the organisation
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Strong time management skills, prioritising tasks effectively
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
The following criteria are desirable:
• Academic qualification in archaeology or equivalent
• CSCS – Construction Safety Certification Scheme card
• Experience of commercial archaeological fieldwork, or working in a construction environment
• Stock management
• Driving company vehicles
• Knowledge of London roads
• Ability to pick up new IT systems quickly
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
What we offer you?
Along with a competitive salary, we offer:
• 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), pro-rata, rising based on service length
• Generous pension scheme
• Life Assurance and Sickness Income Protection Policies
• Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Season interest-free travel loan
• Cycle scheme
• Free access to many of London’s museums and galleries (excluding ticketed events)
We are committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects.
• Please see the attached documents below to download job descriptions and application form
• Applications without an application form will not be considered.
• When completing the application form, please state which position you are applying for quoting job reference DC0919L
• Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
• The closing date for the vacancy is 23:59 on Wednesday 18th September 2019
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.
Please note: Early applications are advised as applications will be reviewed upon receipt and we may appoint someone to the post before the closing date.