Health and Safety Officer - London
Job Ref: HSO1020
Pay range: Starting from £29,500 - £34,000
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Locations: London based, but travel to sites across the UK will be required
MOLA is seeking a Health and Safety Officer to join the team. We have a diverse and interesting portfolio of exciting projects throughout the UK and an expanding client base for which this role will take an active supporting and advisory role.
The successful candidate will work as part of the team providing advice and support to the business on all aspects of Health and Safety. They will be expected establish, manage and monitor internal processes and practices, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within MOLA are adhered to.
• To help ensure MOLA compliance with current and future health and safety legislation and best practice
• To help ensure the safe management of MOLA premises, projects and operations
• To help ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of MOLA staff and other stakeholders (e.g. volunteers, sub-contractors, visitors, the public)
• To play a key role in ensuring health and safety compliance across all MOLA sites, projects and fieldwork
• To assist in the provision and organization of appropriate health and safety training to staff.
As one of the leading archaeological contracting organisations in the UK, MOLA offers continued career progression within the organisation, and the opportunity to expand and develop personal and professional skills. MOLA is committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects and the successful candidate will receive any appropriate and necessary H&S training to support the development of their career.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
• 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays), rising based on service length
• Company pension scheme
• Health care cash plan (including dependent children)
• Full payment of relevant professional membership fees
• Sickness income protection and life assurance
• Cycle Scheme
• Interest-free season travel loans
• Free access to many of London’s museums and galleries
• For more information and to apply, please download the full job description and application form below quoting reference HSO1020
• Applications without an application form will not be considered.
• Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
• The closing date for the vacancy is Sunday 1st November at 23:59
• Early applications are advised as applications will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews may take place before the closing date.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.