Archaeologists - Northampton
Job ref: A0502N
Pay range: Starting from £21,013
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Locations: Northampton based, but travel to sites across the UK will be required
We have an exciting programme of work for the rest of this year and 2021 and are therefore seeking applications for Archaeologists to join our growing Northampton team, with immediate start dates available.
We are pleased to be able to offer a relocation incentive of up to £1000 (subject to eligibility) to help with the costs of moving closer to Northampton. Successful candidates can also apply for financial support of up to £1000 and paid time off work to learn to drive. MOLA also pays for CIfA application and membership fees in full, and reimburses up to £40 for safety boots.
We have a number of large and exciting projects across the East of England, the Midlands and beyond. Most sites are based within commuting distance of Northampton, for which transport is provided from our Northampton offices and includes paid time for drivers. Significant projects are also due to start in Oxfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Warwickshire. When conditions allow for projects further away, MOLA will provide high-quality accommodation and subsistence during the week.
As one of the largest independent archaeological organisations in the UK we can offer a wide range of interesting, exciting and challenging projects, of all types and periods. Recent highlights of works undertaken by our Northampton office have included a waterlogged Anglo-Saxon cemetery with preserved coffins, Neolithic burials, a causewayed enclosure, extensive Iron Age and Roman settlements and part of a medieval manorial complex.
The closing date for the vacancy is 5th December 2020 at 23:59. Offers will be made to suitable candidates before the closing date, so early applications are advised.
Please note: We have comprehensive COVID-19 plans in place and are following all current Government and Public Health England guidance on establishing and maintaining a safe working environment during COVID-19 (https://www.archaeologists.net/practices/coronavirus/siteworking). We are in constant dialogue with clients and staff representatives and we’re doing all we can to ensure all staff can continue to work and operate safely while travelling to site, working on site, and working in our offices. All new starters will receive a thorough and up to date health and safety briefing. For more details regarding MOLA's plan, please visit this page: https://www.mola.org.uk/coronavirus-update.
The following criteria are essential:
• Interest in and knowledge of British archaeology
• CSCS card (ideally AQP or PQP) or willingness and ability to acquire one
• Use or knowledge of archaeological recording systems
• Experience of archaeological fieldwork
• Ability to carry out prolonged manual work in an outdoor environment in all weather
• Good organisational skills
• Good communication skills, and ability to work positively as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure
• An understanding and appreciation of diversity in the workplace
The following criteria are desirable:
• Degree in archaeology or equivalent experience
• Driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles
• Membership of the Chartered Institute of Archaeologists (CIfA)
• Experience of commercial archaeological fieldwork
• Experience of working in urban, rural and/or infrastructure construction environments
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Use of Microsoft Office packages
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
• 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays), rising based on service length
• Generous pension scheme
• Life Assurance and Sickness Income Protection Policies
• Health care cash plan (including dependent children)
• Subsidy for relevant professional memberships
• Cycle Scheme
• Relocation incentive of up to £1000 subject to eligibility
• Free access to many of London’s museums and galleries (excluding ticketed events)
We are committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects. We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
• For more information and to apply, please download the full job description and application form below quoting reference A0520N
• Applications without an application form will not be considered.
• Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
• The closing date for the vacancy is 5th December 2020 at 23:59.
• Early applications are advised as applications will be reviewed upon receipt and immediate start dates are available.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.