Planning Archaeologist - London
Salary: £25,000–£28,050 (based on experience)
Fixed Term: - duration is for six months with possibility of extension
We are looking to recruit three planning archaeologists within the MOLA Developer Services Team (Pre-determination Section) to contribute to the preparation of desk-based historic environment assessments and other project documentation. The successful applicants will be expected to meet the required standards relatively quickly but will be provided with intensive on-the-job. Also, we will seek to employ those applicants who meet the standard but who are not successful on this occasion should further vacancies become available.
The following criteria are essential:
• Degree in Archaeology or equivalent experience
• Good understanding of the archaeology of London and southern Britain
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales
• Ability to pick up complex programmes, such as GIS, quickly with little basic training
• Highly motivated
• Willing to learn
The following criteria are desirable:
• Experience in the preparation of desk-based assessments
• Experience in the preparation of environmental impact assessments
• Use of ArcGIS
• Understanding of health and safety, town planning and other legislation relating to archaeology
• Understanding of construction processes
• Archaeological fieldwork experience
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
• 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), rising based on service length
• Company pension scheme
• Healthcare cash plan (including dependent children)
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Full payment of relevant professional membership fees (e.g. CIfA)
• Cycle Scheme
• Season interest-free travel loan
We are committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects.
For more information and to apply, please refer to the application form and relevant job description attached below.
• Applications without an application form will not be considered.
• Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
• Please apply using the job reference PA0219L
• The closing date for the vacancy is Sunday 24th February 2019 at 23:59
• Early applications are advised as interviews will be held throughout the application process.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.