Senior Project Manager
Job Ref: ref SPM1219N
Salary £36,900 to £43,000 (dependent upon role and experience)
Based in Northampton or Basingstoke (consideration will be given to flexible work locations)
MOLA is an experienced and innovative archaeology and built heritage practice. We have been providing independent, professional heritage advice and services for over 40 years across the UK and internationally on schemes both large and small. Our commercial services are designed to help our development, infrastructure and construction sector clients to meet their planning process requirements swiftly and expertly, with the certainty and value they need. We conduct hundreds of projects a year to help our clients to achieve planning and discharge planning conditions.
We have one of the most experienced and skilled archaeological fieldwork teams in the UK and over the past 40 years we have developed archaeological fieldwork strategies that respond pragmatically to the pressures of development and construction. We employ professional archaeologists who operate safely, working closely with onsite contractors, becoming valued project team members. With offices in London, Northampton and Basingstoke, we undertake projects across the UK and internationally and have expertise in both complex urban environments and large open-area sites, such quarries.
This role provides an opportunity to get involved in some of the most exciting archaeological projects ranging from large multi-site infrastructure schemes to small developments. We are proud to have a distinguished client-base.
The successful candidates will be expected to tender for and procure new business at a level appropriate to the level of the appointment. They will manage a range of archaeological fieldwork and post-excavation projects simultaneously whilst ensuring delivery within set timescales and budgets. Maintaining quality standards and safe working practices are essential.
The puropse of this role is to:
- To support the Directors in the operation and development of the business and within MOLA and work with others to ensure the implementation of effective business wide strategies in alignment with the organisation business plan
- To lead on the tender, management and completion of major archaeological contracts in accordance with agreed business development target so as to meet client requirements and underpin MOLA’s reputation as a leading commercial archaeology organisation
We are looking for motivated and capable individuals to join our Project Management team in Northampton at Senior Project Management level. Applications will be considered, as well as from experienced Project Managers looking to develop their careers. MOLA are offering a relocation allowance for successful candidates who relocate (subject to eligibility).
As one of the largest independent archaeological practices in the UK, MOLA offers continued career progression within the organisation, and the opportunity to expand and develop personal and professional skills into all aspects of archaeological practice, within a dynamic and interesting environment. In the longer term there are career opportunities to move into senior management roles within the organisation, contributing to the strategic direction of the business. Flexibility and innovation are key factors in the success of any organisation, and you will be encouraged to develop your own solutions and approaches to your projects, with the independence to manage your own time and priorities.
We have a diverse and interesting portfolio of exciting projects throughout the UK and are growing the business and client base. You will have the opportunity to join a close-knit team with the opportunity to contribute to the continued growth of the business.
Ideally candidates would have demonstrable experience of successfully tendering for and managing projects from initiation to completion. However, there is also the opportunity for the right candidates with the ambition to move their career forward as part of MOLA’s commitment to career development, for which training and mentoring would be provided. In order to help with this MOLA offer a structured training and development programme to develop help the right candidate develop the appropriate skills.
Membership of CIfA at Associate or Member grade or eligibility and willingness to apply is required. MOLA will pay for application and membership fees. A full clean driving licence is essential as regular travel will be required.
Candidates should have excellent communication skills, the ability to manage their own workload and prioritise accordingly. A suitable level of experience in team management and project delivery is expected according to roles. The successful candidates will be able to motivate, empower and inspire project teams and be able to build productive and professional relationships with all our partners across the sector including clients, consultants, other contractors and curators. Good problem solving skills and the ability to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams are essential.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
• 30 days annual leave (incl. bank holidays), pro-rata, rising based on service length
• Generous pension scheme
• Life Assurance and Sickness Income Protection Policies
• Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Season interest-free travel loan
• Cycle scheme
• Free access to many of London’s museums and galleries (excluding ticketed events)
• Relocation allowance (subject to eligibility)
MOLA have a policy of mentoring and training for staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects.
• For more information and to apply, please refer to the attached application documents below to download job descriptions and application form
• Applications without an application form will not be considered.
• When completing the application form, please state which position you are applying for quoting job reference (ref SPM1219N)
• Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The closing date for the vacancy is Sunday 15th December 2019 at 23:59
• Early applications are advised as interviews may be held throughout the application process.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.