At MOLA, our absolute priority is, and will remain, keeping people safe and we are following all of the advice and guidance provided by the relevant public health authorities and the government.
Below are the steps that we are taking to ensure the welfare of MOLA staff and their families, support our clients and the people who rely on us, and continue to fulfil our charitable purpose for the benefit of the wider community:
- Monitoring people’s wellbeing – at MOLA we follow the latest health guidance on social-distancing, use of PPE and self-isolation; we have also provided additional advice on how our people can look after their mental health, including making sure our teams check in regularly with each other and know how to access support.
- Continuing to deliver non site-based services – We have adopted a flexible working approach so our people can continue to work from home if they can or the office with social distancing measures in place. They are fully equipped to respond to emails and telephone calls and to continue delivering vital projects and partnership work from wherever they are physically located.
- Continuing to deliver site-based services – We are carrying out fieldwork, ensuring that sites and working arrangements are thoroughly risk assessed and measures are put in place to ensure it is safe to do so.
- Delivering public events – Our charitable purpose – benefiting society through archaeology – is central to MOLA’s existence. We are currently delivering a combination of virtual and in-person events. Activities being held in person have been risk assessed, designed to maintain social distancing and hygiene, and will comply with the regulations set out in the government’s local restriction tiers, which set maximum numbers of participants amongst other requirements. Participants are asked not to attend if they have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Contingency planning and communications – We will continue to monitor and react to the situation as it evolves. We have created emergency and continuity plans that we can put into action depending on the latest guidance, we are committed to responding proactively to the challenges we face and this includes continuing to communicate via our usual channels, including our website and social media.
Last updated on 03.12.20