Thames Discovery Programme Tadpoles Season Launch
Mortimer Wheeler House, 46 Eagle Wharf Road, London N1 7ED
The first of nine free, hands-on foreshore archaeology sessions will take place at MOLA's London HQ - Mortimer Wheeler House - to kick start the Tadpoles 2019 journey. Find out what’s in store for the summer, and learn the skills you’ll need to get started. No experience is required, so come along examine lots of different finds from the foreshore, discover what periods they belong to and learn how London has changed with our archaeology experts!
You will also have the opportunity to complete the CIfA accredited Archaeology Skills Passport.
Parents are welcome to come along to the session should they wish. The members of the Thames Discovery Programme running this event have current DBS checks and are first-aid trained.
We’re delighted to be able to offer this series of events free of charge with thanks to support from Tideway.
To read all about the Tadpoles group, click here. Find out about the other events in the Tadpoles calendar below:
Tadpoles Summer Programme 2019:
- Saturday 2nd March: Season launch at Mortimer Wheeler House
- Saturday 23rd March: Greenwich foreshore walk
- Wednesday 10th April: First fieldwork trip to Custom House
- Thursday 11th April: Second fieldwork trip to Custom House
- Monday 6th May: Bankside foreshore walk
- Saturday 22nd June: Third fieldwork trip to Custom House
- Sunday 6th July: Fulham foreshore walk
- Saturday 20th July: Fourth fieldwork trip to Custom House
- Monday 5th August: Visit to Rotherhithe as part of FROG fieldwork